A Mother's Discovery

a mother's experience nurturing her little ones, treasuring every single family moments with her loved ones and sharing her thoughts on day-to-day life experience, breastfeeding and natural parenting ...

Thursday, June 25, 2009

bottle strike or just reverse cycling..?


oh oo....my little Imti is on strike now....!!!! he just refuses expressed breastmilk (EBM) through his usual bottles for the past few days...!


it was quite worrying for my mum and my maid who are taking care of him because it was his ritual to finish up 4.5oz each feeding in every 2-3 hours....for the past few days, he just took a sip or two of milk and started to spurt it out...


i came home early and fed him straight away and he has no problem with direct breastfeeding...at night he feeds frequently with me...


is there something wrong with the milk or bottles or what???


i went to see my friend who is a lactation consultant, Kak Kamariah of susuibu.com and she reassured me that it's a normal behavioral changes in breastfed babies in every 3-4 month....well, i didn't have such problems with jihan though but every babies are different....it is reverse cycling and imtiaz feels more comfortable tu nurse directly with me rather than with the bottles nowadays...


more info on it here:



well, i will just keep offering the bottles during the day, and when he realizes that mama is not around during the day, he'll take it especially when he is really hungry...

1 comment:

Kit said...

Hi Ezzura - I remember my son doing that too last time. He's actually wisen up to the fact that direct EBM tastes better than frozen milk :)

In the end, he only took EBM from the day before so it was really "kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang" for him and me! Pure pressure for me to pump everyday...