A Mother's Discovery

a mother's experience nurturing her little ones, treasuring every single family moments with her loved ones and sharing her thoughts on day-to-day life experience, breastfeeding and natural parenting ...

Sunday, April 13, 2008

the runaway maid...




i think i have not written about our 1st maid who ran away after my confinement when she just only worked for us for about 1 month!

this is how it goes...
i was oncall on tuesday, 6/9/05...it wasn't a bad call...i had only 3 patients in the labour room that i had to review...so, i managed to sleep around 2 hours that night...so, my dear Jihan stayed with her papa as usual....both my parents were outstation....my maid was at home too...i was actively breastfeeding at that time so, my husband had to pick my expresssed breastmilk for Jihan at night to give to her the next morning...

the next morning, my husband left to work leaving the baby in the care of our maid like usual..nothing suspicious happened except that my husband said she didnt cook breakfast that morning...well, that's fine...my husband usually have his breakfast at the hospital anyway...i was already in the hospital because of my oncall...

so, i did my work....then at around 10.30am, being post call, i was so sleepy with throbbing headache...so i told my colleague that i want to have a nap at the prayer area in the ward....i woke up half an hour later...and i reusmed my ward work while waiting for lunch...

suddenly my hubby called at around 11.20...he said, "i'm going back for a while...S (the maid) had runaway..!!"


at first i didn't realize what actually had happened...probably i was drowsy...i told my husband to go home...after a while, i realized that something had actually happened...i called my husband back and we met downstairs and rushed to the carpark...

at the same time i realized that i actually received an SMS from an unknown number saying that S doesn't want to work anymore and asked us to come home as nobody is taking care of my Jihan....i contacted that number and it was an Indon man who answered the call claimed to be S's friend...he told me that he didn't know where S went but told me that S doesn't want to work anymore...

my husband drove quite fast...luckily our house was just about 15-20 min drive form the hospital....i cried in the car worried about my 3 months old baby...my dad who was outstationed in PD called and was on his way back too...he also received the same SMS...he already called the police and informed our neighbour...

we arrived home and found that our gate was closed..the inside door was closed but not locked and the grill was opened...i opened the door and found my dear Jihan was asleep on her matress with an empty bottle at her side...i straight away cuddled her and cried and she woke up when she heard me crying...

my useless maid had run away leaving my poor baby alone at home!!!

the police came and my dad arrived soon after..we found a note from my runaway maid telling us that she is sorry...at first we didn't realize of anything missing but she took away her passport from a locked locker upstairs....she probably had planned this and maybe she knew where we kept her passport and she just waited for this opportunity to make her move...

she left Jihan unattended for God knows how many minutes or hours, well fed, with the aircond and TV on, so that Jihan would feel comfortable....my dad called my mum who was having a course in Genting, telling her the story...she cried on the phone and couldn't think straight anymore and my dad went to pick her up later...

my husband took a half day leave and changed his oncall that night...i went back to the hospital later to finish up my work....
alhamdulillah nothing happened to my baby....i couldn't imagine what will happen to me if the opposite happened...we got a replacement maid later and that was another headache...but she stayed with us for 1 1/2 years...

now i had a new maid, who worked with us for almost a year...she seems pleasant and a good worker....

sometimes, it's the luck....we only have to pray for the best in every decision we made...let Allah do the rest...


1 comment:

Neeza Shahril said...

b*doh punya S. ada ke tinggalkan budak 3 bulan. Memang tak sekolah betul. Akak pun ada a few bad experience dengan maid ni Ezura. Baru aje akak tulis kat blog a few days ago. Panjang lebar. Sekarang, akak serik nak guna maid lagi. By the way, apa nama penuh S tu? Akak ada 2 orang maid nama S. Entah2 orang yang sama tak? hehehe..