A Mother's Discovery

a mother's experience nurturing her little ones, treasuring every single family moments with her loved ones and sharing her thoughts on day-to-day life experience, breastfeeding and natural parenting ...

Friday, May 23, 2008

acute asthmatic attack


i can't sleep tonight...i'm currently having a bad wheeze...NO, i'm not known to be asthmatic before...i do have allergic rhinitis but no eczema or asthma...


i discovered that i was having a bad cough after i came back from Pulau Kapas...and my cough mainly worsened at night...last week, i had an episode of acute nocturnal wheeze...when i went to work, it disappeared...


i consulted my colleagues as i was in denial of having asthma at the age of 27+..! she said probably i was having a hyperactive airway post URTI...so, i took a course inhaled corticosteroid as a preventer of my wheezing episode....


and my cough was getting better....no more nocturnal wheezing and nocturnal cough...and i started to taper down my steroid...


but tonight, i really cannot sleep as i felt a little bit of chest tightness and a lot of cough, followed by both inspiratory and expiratory wheeze...when i was doing my cross trainer in the evening, i also had an exercise-induced cough but not as bad as tonight...


i took my stethoscope and heard rhonchi all over my lungs...


i definitely going to take a bronchodilator from the clinic tomorrow...but as for tonight, i will see first...if it worsens, i might go to the emergnecy department for a nebulizer...

No comments: